Effective March 31, 2020
Heather Spins a Yarn (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://heatherspinsayarn.com website (the “Site”).
This page informs you (“User”) of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Site and the choices you have associated with that data.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site (“Usage Data”). Non-personal identification information may include the pages you visit, the time and date(s) of your visit and time spent on those pages. We may also collect the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers (“IP address”) utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies and tracking data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Site.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
How we use collected information
Heather Spins a Yarn may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them. To provide Users with news, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are like those that Users have already purchased or enquired about unless Users have opted not to receive such information
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To notify Users about changes to our Site
- To allow Users to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site
- To monitor the usage of our Site
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, Heather Spins a Yarn may be required to disclose Users Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Heather Spins a Yarn may disclose Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Heather Spins a Yarn
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Users Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Users can opt-out of having made their activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. The add-on prevents
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
Users can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. Users can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using their mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS UNDER CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (CALOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference Users can set in their web browser to inform websites that they do not want to be tracked.
Users can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of their web browser.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain data protection rights. Heather Spins a Yarn aims to take reasonable steps to allow Users to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of their Personal Data.
If Users wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold and if they want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, Users have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have. Whenever made possible, Users can access, update or request deletion of their Personal Data directly within their account settings section. If they are unable to perform these actions, please contact us.
- The right of rectification. Users have the right to have their information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. Users have the right to object to our processing of their Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. Users have the right to request that we restrict the processing of their personal information.
- The right to data portability. Users have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. Users also have the right to withdraw their consent at any time where Heather Spins a Yarn relied on their consent to process their personal information.
Please note that we may ask Users to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Users have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of their Personal Data. For more information, please contact local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your acceptance of these terms
This document was last updated on April 9, 2020